- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or ordinances.
- Issue various permits and licenses, such as business or dog licenses, and collect appropriate fees.
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
The current City Clerk is Alex Pierce. Ms. Pierce was appointed as City Clerk by the Board of Aldermen in January 2021. Questions regarding utility bills, community building rental, city operations and meetings may directed to her. She may be reached by contacting City Hall.