- Contact Us
The City of Leeton Mayor is the chief administrator of the City and is elected by voters in the city. Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities.
- Overseeing the performance of all City departments
- Implementing policies and ideas adopted by Board of Alderman
- Collaborating with surrounding communities, boards, agencies and regional partners
- Ensuring all Local, State, and Federal laws are followed by the City
- Responding to citizen concerns and questions
- Appointing members, with the advice and consent of the Board of Aldermen, to the city's Park Board and Cemetery Advisory Board
The Mayor also works to develop the City's annual budget and works with other mayors and elected officials in the region.
The current mayor is Taylor Elwell. Under Missouri law, mayors are elected to two-year terms. Mayor Elwell was elected in April 2015, and re-elected in April 2017. His current term expires in April 2019. Mayor Elwell has regular office hours at City Hall. Please contact us if you wish to meet with the mayor.
Welcome from Mayor Taylor Elwell
On behalf of the Board of Aldermen, staff and residents of Leeton, welcome to our community. We think you'll find our community a welcoming small town near many area and regional attractions, including hundreds of area jobs and outstanding recreational opportunities. Leeton prides itself on a strong school system that consistently performs as one of the highest-scoring districts in our area. Leeton also features excellent access to the Katy Trail and hosts a trail head for the Rock Island spur. While you're in town, be sure to check on Grinstead Park on South Main Street as there are always new things happening in our park. For many decades, Leeton has stood strong as an engaged, active and dedicated community. I think you'll find it a great place to call home.
Taylor Elwell, Mayor